Monday, May 9, 2016

#093: VHS Tape







I had recently watched a cartoon (specifically Ever After High) where a bunch of teenage characters were hunting through the school dumpster for something important. One of them pulled out a VHS tape, and commented that “I don’t even know what that is.”

I’m only 30. I shouldn’t feel that old.

Surely kids these days aren’t that clueless, I thought to myself. It’s only been less than a decade since DVDs replaced VHS tapes. Surely children these days still know what VHS is.

Then I decided to check and see if there was a “Kids React” video for VHS tapes. There is. Sadly, there is. And children are really that clueless!

Again, I’m only 30. I shouldn’t feel this old!

But you know what will also make me feel old? If no one got the reference to the last panel. If you don’t, here it is. Feel to watch while I excuse myself and contemplate my encroaching seniority. Ugh!