Tuesday, July 21, 2015
#034: Paul Krugman
Before anyone accuses me of putting words in Krugman’s mouth, the proof is in the pudding:
• "We need a bubble to replace a bubble."
• "Alien invasions stimulate the economy."
• "A trillion dollar coin can pay off the national debt."
• "9/11 helped the economy."
• "Hitler helped end the depression."
And the punch line is that all of this bogosity was spouted by a New York Times column-writing, Ivy League-teaching, Nobel-prize winning “economist” whose economic textbooks are studied in hundreds of college classrooms nationwide.
Or at least that would be a punch line to a cruel, cruel joke if it weren’t so true.
Also, in case you're wondering who the news anchor in the first panel is, it's Rachel Maddow.